More risks to newborns and pregnant women from Covid-19 than before
April 26, 2021
The pregnant women from all over the world are at the higher risk of difficulties such as high blood pressure with the organ failure risk, premature birth, possible death and they need proper intensive care. If the pregnant ladies infected with covid-19 corona virus, their newborn child also faces the higher risks of the same complications than before according to the latest study by British scientists on this Friday.
COVID-19 infection to pregnant ladies:
- The new corona virus is particularly infecting the newborns because it is related to three fold risk of creating the severe medical complications in them, based on the study conducted by the University of Oxford scientists.
- The pregnant ladies are at the higher risk of complications as mentioned above. Those women with covid-19 during the pregnant time actually experience 50 % of the complications as compared to the unaffected pregnant ladies.
- Recently, a study was conducted by a leading fetal medicine professor at Oxford University with more than 2,100 pregnant ladies across 18 countries where every lady affected by covid-19 was compared to two non-infected ladies providing birth at the same time in the same medical care centre.
- According to this study, the result published in the medical journal JAMA Pediatrics that is also showed a delivery by caesarean section might be related to the high risk of virus infection in the newborns.
- But at the same time, the breastfeeding women will not get the high risks of babies contracting covid-19 from them, said by the scientists of Oxford University.
Each and every woman who is pregnant should be very careful in take care of their health and hygiene in order to avoid the infection to their babies. You have to follow the instructions and details given by your doctors in and also after the pregnancy time.